Wednesday 20 April 2011

Asparagus


Asparagus in my world is the Jolene of vegetables. The season for British asparagus is so short, so we have to enjoy it as much as we can whilst it lasts.



I get my asparagus from David Douglas from South Brockwells farm. David has a high personal standard in what he produces, game included- making it the best I have ever used, truly.

I keep it simple when I am cooking asparagus so steamed is the way I go or straight up raw.



An interesting fact about asparagus is that it is high in folic acid which is great for pregnant woman, who needs flowers?!

Sad fact the big stores out there are using asparagus from Mexico with British as there finest range at a higher price.

This dish will be on the specials for the rest of the season:

Steamed South Brockwells farm asparagus, 64 degree poached egg, butter powder and chardonnay vinegar. 


Photographs by Carla Grassy

No comments:

Post a Comment